Featured Categories

If I Told Myself 5 Years Ago...

Friday, October 28, 2016


If I told myself that I would be where I am today just 5 years ago, I may have deemed myself as crazy but motivated to achieve. Five years ago from this day I was a senior in High School slightly focused on where I was going to go to college and majorly focused on what party I was going to go to next. You see - I thought that being a senior in high school was one of the best times of my life  but that was because I had no idea what these next five years had in store for me...

A majority of these past five years were spent in college where I truly believe I went through some of best best and worst times of my life. This is where I grew up more than I could have ever imagined and really evolved the dreams and aspirations that I have come to achieve (although I knew I wanted to do media since I was 5)!

In college I experienced the loss of friendships I thought would last a life time, walked through the fight of cancer with my father and push myself harder than I ever had before. However, all of these allowed me to achieve some of my biggest accomplishments to date. I think that it is also important to note that at times it seemed that I would never make it out alive. During this time I was able to meet the love of my life and learned who I could have faith in to believed in me more than I believed in myself at times.

This was the time I was pushed myself in every single thing that I did and always believed that there was more. This is what I think put me at where I am today. I think the trick is to never be content and always have that fire within yourself that you deserve what ever you desire in life.

It seemed that those four years went by faster than I could have ever imagined and placed me here, where I am today. I sit here writing this post in my studio apartment in Los  Angeles, California, next to my college sweetheart and set my alarm to wake up to go to work among some of the most creative professionals in my line of work (WOW...let me let this sink in...)

This was my dream. It came true...but please don't be mistaken that it took a hell of a lot of hard work and dedication.

If you ever let someone tell you that you can't do something always remember that you can. Even if you believe that your wildest dreams and aspirations couldn't possibly be met, always know that you create your own destiny. Realize that no dream is too little nor too grand.

I am now working on my next five years, and let me let you know... I have some great things in store!


xoxo, Priscilla 

No comments:

Post a Comment