Featured Categories

You Are NOT Perfect And Neither Am I

Thursday, February 1, 2018


Hey guys! Welcome to me almost every day after work - chilling in my living room, shoes off, covered in dog hair, glasses on, glass full with cheap wine and potentially a little chocolate treat that I have left over from the last holiday. It is not some big party, chatting with a celeb or walking on the beach like my "perfect" Instagram life might show you and I am actually really okay with that!

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you are not perfect and that is okay. None of us are perfect and never will be. Don't worry this is a good thing. That is what makes us...us. If this comes as a surprise to you, you should actually feel some relief. Believe me, I had to learn this too. I am one of those people that is a self described perfectionist that has never been perfect at anything in my entire life. I have always felt I was good at a lot of things but never great or perfect at anything! That is why I have always had the mindset that if I am not doing something at 110% percent I should not be doing it at all because it simply will not be good enough.This often leaves me feeling super overwhelmed and super unworthy of a lot of things that come my way. Have you ever felt the same way? Well, I have recently been reading some really great self help books, as I have mentioned before, and come to the realization (your gonna like this) that we are not alone. *insert applause here*

I think that in the society that we live in today it is so easy to get sucked into feeling the need to be “perfect”. It is no surprise that we feel this way either because we are constantly comparing ourselves to the Instagram perfect lifestyle someone we have never met is living. In reality they are doing the same thing and it is a never ending cycle that is almost impossible to break. This is the reality of the world we live in today, but doesn’t have to be the way you live!

Let me be the first one to tell you it is all going to be okay if you are not perfect. Life will go on. The only thing that you can do is be the best you. Know that even if you mess up, it is okay - life will in fact go on! Everyday that you wake up is a gift for you to live a life of purpose and happiness for yourself. Be the person that you want to be and never let anyone tell you that you have to be otherwise. Stay true to yourself and never try to be someone else idea of perfect.

Can I get an amen?! Now go pour yourself a glass of wine...you deserve it:)

XX, Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment