Featured Categories

Believe | Words I Live By + How I Got My First Job

Sunday, January 7, 2018



Hey guys!! Thanks so much for tuning in for another edition of "Words I Live By". Today I am explaining how this one simple word (believe) has changed my life and continues to change my life everyday! I hope that this one little word can do for you what it did for me :)
52 She Believed She Could So She Did, Printable Art, Inspirational Print, Typography Quote, Wall Art, Inspirational Quote, nursery art
"She believed she could, so she did" is one of my all time favorite quotes.

Believing comes in many different forms.  You can believe in others. You can believe something is going to happen. However, most importantly, you can believe in yourself.

Let's not get things twisted - believing is not a magic power to make things happen. You have to couple it with MOTIVATION + DEDICATION (both words to come in a post) and sprinkle in some good timing. This is when the magic happens and your dreams start to become your reality. Really...I am not making this up!

I get asked a lot about how I got my first job in Los Angeles. Honestly, the above is the exact formula I used. I always knew that I wanted to work in the entertainment industry in Los Angeles since I was younger and made it a goal of mine to get out here as soon as I possibly could. I really believed that I could make it happen...

STORY TIME:
My last semester in college I accepted an internship with 'Good Morning Texas' in Dallas to start the summer after graduation. In the mean time I was still applying for internships in Los Angeles (like a few a week for months)! Although the internship with 'Good Morning Texas' was amazing, I was dead set on getting an internship in Los Angeles and really believed that it would happen. However...NOTHING was happening and I was getting NO responses. I started to feel really down on myself ,but knew that I had the internship with 'Good Morning Texas' to fall back on. The internship that I really had my eye on in Los Angeles was one with the 'Television Academy Foundation' which I had already made it through the first round of the application process. I was super hopeful, but then I got an e-mail telling  me that they had picked another person...I was devastated...literally cried my eyes out. Although it was a super big let down I didn't let it get me down for long. The week after my boyfriend and I were on a graduation celebration cruise celebrating life and what I had accomplished during college. (HERE IS WHEN THINGS CHANGED) After we had the most amazing time on a vacation we will both never forget...I turned my phone back on. I am not even kidding when I say we were literally still on the boat when I turned my phone on and I had two missed voice mails from Los Angeles. Shaking, I listened to a voice mail from the Television Academy telling me that the person who beat me out for the internship at Extra no longer could do it. I was FREAKING OUT! They told me I needed to call them back ASAP and let them know if I was still interested. It was a no brainier for me and I immediately started making plans to move across the country. Now over a year later I am the executive assistant and freelance field producer at Extra in Los Angeles, CA!

I believe that all of this happened for a reason and I believe that I am right where I am supposed to be.

The biggest thing I learned in this journey is to love yourself, love others and dream BIG!

Do you believe?

XX, Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment