Featured Categories

DIY: Open When Letters

Sunday, July 6, 2014


On Friday I showed ya'll how Colton {the boyfriend} and I celebrated one year {check it out}. I promised I would be showing you the DIY present I made for him. Now, I did get him a bike like he had been talking about for months but I decided I wanted to give him something a little more personal too. These DIY letters are so easy and the only thing you have to do is write cute little love letters (who doesn't love that?seriously). A lot of the time It is hard to express how you really feel but with letters it gives you a chance to put time into your thoughts and really show how you feel. As soon as I saw this idea I knew it had to be done.

I put the stack of letters in his car the night before,so when he got into his car to go to work they were sitting right there..just to start the day out perfect! I was still in bed but when he read the first letter he came in the house with watery eyes...so preshh & totally worth it. Now, I am not going to tell you what I wrote inside the letters but I will tell you what I wrote on the outside to give you an idea on what you could do.


On the outside of all of the letters start off with

Open When...

...Right Now
...You want to know my dreams for our future
...You need a reminder of why I love you
...You are feeling insecure
...You need a smile
...We move into our new house
...You need a reminder of what we are fighting for

other cute ides:
(you are going to sleep without me//you are missing me//you had a bad day//I am being moody)

You can also put different things inside of the letters like pictures to make it even more personalized!
I can't wait until he opens them all and I get to see his reaction to each and every one of them. I would love to see if you decide to do this and what "open whens.." you decide to do!

ALSO...you if you need some more inspo check out this post from my friends at Shari's Berries that has topics for EVERY occasion:

Happy DIY Sunday

xoxo, priss

♥ stay connected ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment