Featured Categories

Labor Day Bliss: Strawberry Upside Down Cake

Monday, September 1, 2014




WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS YUMMY TREAT
2 cups crushed fresh strawberries
1(6 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin mix
3 cups mini marshmallows
1 box yellow cake mix
1 2/3 cup buttermilk
4 large eggs 
Nutella


DIRECTIONS:

Step 1Preheat an oven to 350F degrees. Lightly spray 9 1/2 inch pie dish or 9x13 cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.

Step 2:  Spread crushed strawberries on the bottom of a pie dish or cake pan. Evenly sprinkle strawberries with the dry strawberry gelatin powder, and top with mini marshmallows.


 Quick Tip: To crush the strawberries,  place the two cups of sliced strawberries in a large ziplock bag. Using a rolling pin on top of the strawberries to crush them up. I like to crush some of them up but keep some strawberries in tact because I think it makes the cake look prettier when you flip it upside down. But that’s just me, you can crush them up however you would like!

Step 3: Mix together the cake mix, buttermilk and eggs until combined { substituting the buttermilk for all of the other liquids in the directions }. Pour cake batter on top of the marshmallows. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

 Step 4Cool cake in the dish/pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the dish/pan to loosen the sides, and turn the cake out onto a large serving plate. Place Nutella in a piping bag or large ziplock bag with a small hole cut on one end, drizzle Nutella on top of cake.


Now, this may be just me but um...YUMMMMM! I am not a big fan of the oh so popular pineapple upside down cake so when I saw this recipe I had to try it because...well...I am obsessed with strawberries {& raspberries....idea? raspberry upside down cake?} & you can NEVER go wrong with Nutella.

I've been out of town all weekend and I am exhausted! So, this labor day I am NOT going to do any labor at all and watch a little Friday Night Lights...anyone with me?(:

Happy Labor Day Loves 

xoxo, priss

♥ stay connected ♥

 photo FACEBOOK_zps57105c82.png  photo PINTEREST_zps11671223.png  photo INSTAGRAM_zps6e393ca4.png  photo TWITTER_zpsf36900a6.png  photo YOUTUBE_zpsec6fb99a.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment