Featured Categories

Thrifting my way into Fall

Tuesday, October 14, 2014




Top: Ann Taylor Loft (thrifted $1.00)//Cardigan:Gap Body (thrifted $4.00)//
Jeans: Abercrombie and Fitch (thrifted $15.00)//Boots: Target//Purse: Tori Burch

With the transition of the Fall season FINALLY arriving, those of us here in Texas feel like it needs some recognition (am I right?). Fall is my favorite time and year and I don't think I am alone. Not only do I love the weather & everything pumpkin spice but I am obsessed with Fall trends!!! The hard part is making my wallet love them as much as I do): However, there is a way to solve this dilemma...THRIFTING!!!!
Of course everyone loves to find that great top for dirt cheap but sometimes it just isn't that easy. I grew up shopping at thrift stores and flea markets so I have had some time to learn the art of this type of shopping experience so here are some GREAT tips to help you find the best deals(:

#1. It's all about location
I get asked all the time about how to find good thrift stores, and in my experience, a thrift store in the nice part of town usually has better stuff than the one in the bad part of town, and they are usually less picked over. There are always exceptions, but usually...
 nice area = nice thrift store. 

#2. Use your resources
Let me introduce you to an awesome website. Next time you want to find a new thrift store in your area, or anywhere else, just enter the zip code on thethriftshopper.com. It tells you all of the stores listed in that area, complete with their hours, location, how to sign up for their mailing lists, and even reviews from other shoppers. It's kinda awesome.

#3. The Change of Seasons Rule
As a rule, I find the best stuff when the seasons change.
It's the time when people clean out their house and give stuff away. Just after the first of the year is a great time, too. Not only is it the deadline for making donations that you can write off on your taxes, but it's also right after the holiday season when people have bought tons of new stuff and are shedding the old stuff to make room. Hint: If you are in the mood to clean out your house, it's probably a great time to thrift store shop because everyone else is cleaning out their house, too.

#4. Find out the best days of the week to shop
 Some days are definitely better than others when it comes to finding great stuff in a thrift store, and I find out by talking to the store employees. They are a total wealth of information.
In our area, most stores tend to get their new donations on the weekends, and then they take 24-36 hours to process it. 
This usually results in Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday being the best days.
  
#5. Frequency is key.
Great merchandise moves fast in thrift stores. Sometimes it's sold the minute the staff sets it out on the floor. So, the more you go, the more you find good stuff. I do a quick 'pop in' a couple times a week at key times, which means I quickly dart around the store for about 5 minutes to see if there's anything there.





{^^The one and ONLY Kristen Watson from Kristen Watson Photography& one of my besties^^}

Fall, to me, is all about having fun with your family and friends. No need to worry about the little things. Life will come together as it is planned so, live today like it is your last day ♥

What are some of your favorite Fall traditions? Does a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte count?

Happy Fall Ya'll

xoxo, priss

♥stay connected♥

 photo FACEBOOK_zps57105c82.png  photo PINTEREST_zps11671223.png  photo INSTAGRAM_zps6e393ca4.png  photo TWITTER_zpsf36900a6.png  photo YOUTUBE_zpsec6fb99a.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment